written to reassure them of their information and privacy.
What does this privacy statement cover?
This privacy statement is designed to describe:
- What type of personal information we collect and use and how we collect it.
- When and with whom we share your personal information.
- What choices you can make about how we collect, use and share your personal information.
What personal information do we collect and use, and how do we collect it?
We collect personal information when:
- You give us information
- We collect it automatically
- We receive it from others
When you create an account with the Darent Application, register to receive offers or
or make a reservation using the Darent Application, you provide us with your personal
information. We also collect this information through automated technology such as cookies
placed on your browser, with your consent where applicable, when you visit our Site or
and use our App. We also receive information from affiliates, as well as from business
and other third parties, that helps us improve the DarNet App and related tools and
update and maintain accurate records, be more likely to detect and investigate fraud, market
more effectively, and improve the quality of service provided.
How is your personal information shared?
Your personal information may be shared to help you book accommodation, assist with your
and/or holiday accommodation, communicate with you (including when we send information about
products and services or enable you to communicate with travel providers and/or property
and comply with law.
What are your rights and options?
You can exercise your data protection rights in different ways. For example, you may opt out
marketing by clicking the "unsubscribe" link in emails, in your account, where applicable,
contacting our customer service.
The categories of personal information we collect
When you use our platform or associated applications, tools or services, we may collect the
following types of personal information from you as needed:
- Name, email address, telephone number, home, work and billing addresses
- Government issued identification data required for booking, or verification of identity
as passport, driver's license, government compensation numbers, and for vacation
owners, their tax identification number.
- Payment information such as payment card number, expiration date and billing address.
- Preferences and requests regarding types of accommodation, special dietary needs and
needs, as available.
- Loyalty scheme and membership information
- Date of birth and gender
- Your social media account ID and other publicly available information
- Communicate with us (such as recordings of calls with customer service representatives
quality assurance and training purposes)
- Your searches and other transactions and interactions with you on our online services
- Searches and transactions made through the application
- Data you give us about other people, such as your companions or others for whom you book
- Information we receive about you from other companies and third parties, such as our
business partners, affiliates and authorized service providers, which may include
contact information, demographic information, interests and purchase history, which we
add to your account or profile and use for market research and analysis
- When you install any of our apps or use our platform, we automatically collect the
types of information from your device
- IP address
- Device type
- Unique device identification numbers
- Internet browser type (eg Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer)
- Internet Service Provider
- Mobile network
- How your device interacts with our online services, including pages accessed, links
trips viewed, features used, and associated dates and times
- Details of any referring website or exit pages, as well as a general geographic location
country or city level)
What we promise our customers
We want you to feel confident about using our Platform and all associated tools and services,
we are committed to taking appropriate steps to protect the information we collect. While no
company can guarantee absolute security, we take reasonable steps to implement appropriate
physical, technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information we
We will retain your personal information in accordance with all relevant laws and regulations
that are relevant to fulfilling the purposes set out in this privacy statement, and we may
retain such records and information for a longer period; In the event that the need arises,
if there is a legal obligation on us to do so, we also have the right to use that
for analytical purposes over longer periods of time.
The criteria we use to determine our retention periods include:
- The duration of our relationship with you, and recent bookings or other transactions you
have made on our Platform.
- Whether we have a legal obligation relating to your personal information, such as laws
require us to keep records of your transactions with us.
- Whether there are any current and relevant legal obligations affecting how long we will
your personal information, including contractual obligations, litigation, statutes of
limitations, and regulatory investigations.
Privacy statement updates
We may update this privacy statement in response to changing laws or technical or commercial
developments. You can find out when this Privacy Statement was last updated by checking the
"Last Updated" date displayed at the top of this Statement.